Thursday 29 April 2010

Day of Contrition!

Yesterday it was good old 'Gordy''s day for grovelling and contrition, today it is me.  Oops, one of yesterday's pictures may just have been a dandelion...(ok, certainly is) but I blame no one but my advisors, it's a disaster!


I really must start using my reading glasses!


























Up at my Mother's cottage is a large holly hedge, probably 100ft long and 7ft high by 8ft wide.


For years now I have been threatening to reduce the width by half to make the cutting easier.  Finally a couple of weeks ago I got the chainsaw out and did the deed and dam-near killed myself in the process!  This burst of of frustration fuelled activity resulted in a huge pile of holly to dispose of and me exhausted!


Today the madness returned and I decided to burn all the cuttings.


































As usual there was an appreciative if critical audience...


Still lots to tidy and the hedge is to clip properly and a new fence to put up.....


By the way, if you too suffer from M.E.,  GET SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE JOB!

3 comments:

  1. But was it a bigoted dandelion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet holly burns well, and 8ft wide is way too big for a hedge, so a good job well done... even if it did nearly kill you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With that much Holly being burnt I'm surprised you're not suffering from Prickly Heat!

    ReplyDelete